A common problem while playing games is that of lagging. So, what actually do you do to get rid of League of Legend mouse lag?
This is what this article is all about – to tackle lags while playing League of Legends so that you can play this game to your best ability in order to emerge a winner!
League of Legends Mouse Lag
Here are some of the main causes of this issue and how to resolve them:
Computer and Mouse are not in synch with each other
Problem: One of the most common reasons for LoL mouse lagging is that the mouse or system doesn’t meet the requirement of the game. The difference in settings of both might be causing problems or maybe even mouse sensitivity needs some adjustment.
Fix: Lower the settings.
This is how it is done:
- You need to begin by sececting the cog icon which is located at the top right corner.
- Go to the general tab, and enable low spec mode. Also, close clients amidst the game.
- Save the changes.
- Now, sign in to begin the game,
- In the middle of the game, press ESC. After doing that, the settings window will open.
- From the settings window, choose 1280×720 resolution. Experiment it. If it still lags, adjust it to 1024×768.
At the same time, you should remember to adjust the graphics too. If your system isn’t very dynamic pick “very low”, and save the settings.
DNS Server Issues
Problem: Your DNS server might need to be improved. By doing so, you will be able to experience better security online and could enhance the resolve time.
Fix: You need to shift the ISP’s DNS to Google Public DNS address. You will find listed below some of the best tips to you help do that:
- Open the Run dialogue box. It can be opened by pressing the windows button + R > type control panel > press Enter button.
- The next step is to go to category and click on View network status and tasks
- Now, choose the adapter settings, from the top left of the screen,
- Once done, you need to right-click on Network adapter, and select properties,
- Now, you need to double click Internet Protocol Version 4. As you do so, it will open the properties,
- As you get to the next window, you will have to choose two options. The first one is “Obtain an IP address automatically”, and “Use the following DNS server addresses”.
- Enter 126.96.36.199 for Alternate DNS server,
- Enter 188.8.131.52 for the Preferred DNS server,
Problem: Junk files residing in temp can cause your system to slow down terribly. You would be surprised to know that most people tend to overlook this cause and it remains one of the most common causes of system lagging while playing heavy-duty games.
People generally do not pay attention to cleaning temp files – while, they must do!
Fix: If cleaning temp is a new thing to you, this means you should be doing it immediately now! Do it with us:
- Press Windows logo key + R > type %temp% in the dialogue box > hit Enter,
- It might ask for permission, press Continue,
- You will land in a new folder, containing many junk files,
- Select all, and delete them. This won’t delete your personal files,
- If a file fails to delete, and the system says “the folder or a file in it is open in another program”, press Skip,
Once done, then again you need to repeat the process
- Press Windows logo key + R > type temp in the dialogue box > hit Enter,
- Enable the permission, and delete all the junk files.
Now, this is the third and last time you will have to repeat the process, with a tweak
- Press Windows logo key + R > type prefetch in the dialogue box > hit Enter,
- Enable the permission, and delete all the junk files.
Once you are through with this, you need to empty the Recycle Bin. This is important since it will help free up much-needed space on your system.
Ultimately, this is going to affect the overall performance of the system and eliminate lagging from the system.
Problem: During gaming, it is extremely important to keep the system charged. In case if the battery goes down, LoL might have to suffer lagging. This is because when the laptop has a low battery, it shifts to battery-saving mode. In this mode, the laptop consumes minimum energy so as to run for a longer duration.
Fix: This fix is a hack for desktop users too! You need to configure, so your system runs at the best possible speed, maintaining the performance, and eliminating lag during LoL.
- Press Windows logo key + R > type control panel in the dialogue box > hit Enter,
- Click Category to expand the view,
- Then click on System Security,
- Click on System,
- From the left panel, click on Advanced System Settings,
- Now, go on the Advanced Tab, and click on the Settings,
- It will open a performance option box. Click on visual effects, and then pick “adjust for best performance”,
- Hit Okay
Problem: Running other programs simultaneously can cause huge hindrances during LoL. The system fails to bear a load of multiple applications at once. Thus, it is all the more important to ensure no other programs are being run in the background.
Fix: You will have to shut down the background apps. To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Press Windows logo key + R > type taskmgr in the dialogue box > hit Enter,
- As you hit enter, a new window will open. Here you will see the process tab. Right-click on the process tab, and choose the “End Task”,
- However, do not click on any app that you are not familiar with! Otherwise, this might end some important background apps too,
Wifi VS Ethernet Connection
Problem: LoL tends to lag more on wireless connections. This might be due to several reasons.
Fix: The simplest way to deal with this problem is by switching to an ethernet connection!
There are multiple reasons for League of Legends lagging. We have tried our best to curate the most common problems associated with mouse lagging, along with their fixes. We hope, the above-shared problems and their fixes would help you get rid of this issue.
Abdullah Tariq, co-founder of RoadMice is a web developer par excellence. He is an avid gamer too and is well-versed with computer accessories required for playing various titles. He is highly adventurous and loves hiking on difficult terrains in his home country whenever time permits him.